Post by: Ali Slagle | Food52 | Published on: 08/08/2016
Ratatouille is like a Turkish blanket: comforting and snuggly without suffocating you—like summer’s heat already is. It’s this kind of console you want from your star dish to get you through the week.
Here’s how to turn ratatouille into a week of not-boring dishes:
- Schemer it in some toasted crusty bread with meatballs for a meatball sub.
- Warm it in a casserole dish, then plop eggs in, for shakshuka.
- Blend it into a gazpacho.
- Eat it cold, like a salad, with mozzarella and farro.
- Sort of brushetta: Warm it and dollop it on grilled slices of baguette. Top with shaved Parmesan.
- Use it as a filling for vegetarian enchiladas.
- Make your favorite mac and cheese recipe, stir in the ratatouille before the mac bakes.
- Rewarm the ratatouille in a skillet. Add a few fish fillets or steaks on top of the ratatouille, cover, and cook until the fish is cooked through.
Reference Article: https://food52.com/blog/17606-how-to-spin-ratatouille-into-a-week-of-not-boring-meals