Post by: Ree | The Pioneer Woman | Published on: 06/06/2016
Hot Corn Dip
- PREP TIME: 10 Minutes | DIFFICULTY: Easy | COOK TIME: 40 Minutes | SERVINGS: 12 Servings
- 5 ears Corn
- Vegetable Oil For Brushing
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
- 1 whole HALF Red Onion, Diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 whole Red Bell Pepper, Seeded And Diced
- 1 whole Green Bell Pepper, Seeded And Diced
- 1 whole Fresh Jalapeno, Seeded And Diced Fine (scrap Out Half The Seeds And Membranes)
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 8 ounces, weight Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1 pound Monterey Jack Cheese, Grated
- 2 whole Green Onions, Sliced
- Chili Powder, For Sprinkling
- 1 can (4 Ounces) Diced Green Chilies
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Brush the corn cobs with vegetable oil, sprinkle with a little salt, and place on a grill pan for about 10 minutes, turning constantly. Remove it from the heat to cool. Cut the kernels off the cobs once they’re cool enough to handle.
In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and add the onion, garlic, bell peppers, and jalapeno. Stir and cook for 5 minutes, until the veggies are soft and golden. Remove the skillet from the heat to let the veggies cool slightly.
In a mixer, combine the cream cheese, mayo, sour cream, and 2/3 of the Monterey Jack. Mix with the paddle attachment on low until combined. Add the green onions, the veggie mixture, the corn, and the green chilies. Mix on low until just combined.
Spread the mixture in a baking dish and sprinkle with the rest of the Monterey Jack. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes, until bubbly and golden. Remove from the oven and serve warm with tortilla chips!